- Advances in Mathematics of Communications
- Big Data & Information Analytics
- Communications on Pure & Applied Analysis
- Discrete & Continuous Dynamical Systems - A
- Discrete & Continuous Dynamical Systems - B
- Discrete & Continuous Dynamical Systems - S
- Evolution Equations & Control Theory
- Inverse Problems & Imaging
- Journal of Computational Dynamics
- Journal of Dynamics & Games
- Journal of Geometric Mechanics
- Journal of Industrial & Management Optimization
- Journal of Modern Dynamics
- Kinetic & Related Models
- Mathematical Biosciences & Engineering
- Mathematical Control & Related Fields
- Mathematical Foundations of Computing
- Networks & Heterogeneous Media
- Numerical Algebra, Control & Optimization
- Electronic Research Announcements
- Conference Publications
- AIMS Mathematics
This paper focuses on generic properties of continuous dynamical systems. We prove $C^1$ weak Palis conjecture for nonsingular flows: Morse-Smale vector fields and vector fields admitting horseshoes are open and dense among $C^1$ nonsingular vector fields.
Our arguments contain three main ingredients: linear Poincaré flow, Liao's selecting lemma and the adapting of Crovisier's central model.
Firstly, by studying the linear Poincaré flow, we prove for a $C^1$ generic vector field away from horseshoes, any non-trivial nonsingular chain recurrent class contains a minimal set which is partially hyperbolic with 1-dimensional center with respect to the linear Poincaré flow.
Secondly, to understand the neutral behaviour of the 1-dimensional center, we adapt Crovisier's central model. The difficulties are that we can not build invariant plaque family of any time, the periodic point of a flow is not periodic for the discrete time map. Through delicate analysis of the center manifold of a periodic orbit near the partially hyperbolic set, we manage to yield nice periodic points such that their stable manifolds and unstable manifolds are well-placed for transverse intersection.
Year of publication
[Back to Top]