Discrete & Continuous Dynamical Systems - A
DCDS-A is adopting the online editorial system EditFlow, a system used by all journals of the American Math Society. During the transitional period, the old system (OES) is still used only for papers submitted previously (with manuscript numbers between DCDS-A0839 and DCDS-A3831).
To login the new system, go to
For EditFlow instructions, go to Instructions
For questions about the new system EditFlow, please contact us at email@example.com.
For questions about the old system (OES), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you very much for your support and cooperation!
To view the instructions of using new system click here
To follow the instructions of using old system see below
You may use our Online Editorial System (OES) to conduct all tasks needed in handling submissions, anywhere internet is available.
1. Obtain all necessary information about the papers.
2. Invite referees online.
3. Communicate with the referees and EIC directly.
4. Submit your comments/recommendations online.
1. Your account is set up by the Managing/Chief Editor. Via email, you will receive user name and password which are required when you login to OES. Please keep them in a safe place for future reference.
2. Click "Forget?" at the login page if you forgot your password. You will receive your password via e-mail.
1. Go to http://www.aimsciences.org/oes/er/index.jsp
2. Click "Sign In (Editor)."
3. Select a journal.
4. Enter your user name.
5. Enter your password.
Paper Assignment: When you received an e-mail from the Managing/Chief Editor inviting you to handle a submission, you need to login to OES.
1. Login, then you will see a list of all the papers assigned to you.
2. Click the title of the paper with "New Assignment" status in order to go to a page with more detailed information.
3. Click the title of the paper to view or download the PDF of the manuscript.
4. You may click "Review Message" to review any messages and click "Write Message" to send messages to the Editor in Chief.
5. Click "Accept to handle" or "Decline to handle." Please include your message to the Editor in Chief, then click "Reply."
Invite/Contact Reviewers: After you accepted to handle the manuscript, you will be prompted with a new page.
1. Click "Invite reviewer" to invite a reviewer.
2. Enter the name of the reviewer and email address.
3. Modify/personalize the default message to the reviewer as you wish. You may replace parts of the text by copy/paste.
4. Click on "Send" when you are ready.
5. The reviewer will receive your invitation and message. A secured link is provided in the email so that the reviewer can login by clicking the link.
6. In the reviewer's page, the reviewer can access to the manuscript, the messages from the editor, and the author information. He/she can choose "Accept" or "Decline" and has the option of sending a message to the editor.
7. You may need to invite new reviewers until you have enough people who have accepted to review the paper.
8. Click "Remind" to remind a reviewer if he/she did not confirm promptly or a report is due.
9. You may receive automated email messages from the EIC when new information becomes available. You need to login and take proper action as soon as possible.
To Finalize Reports: A reviewer may submit his/her report in the following forms:
1. A report in PDF plus a message in text.
2. A report in PDF only.
3. A report in text only.
Reports must be finalized before authors can view them. To finalize a report, Remove the reviewer's identity from the report and rearrange it in a proper form, then finalize it. The Editor in Chief can do it if you prefer not to.
Make a Recommendation: Click "Recommend" and enter your recommendation and your comments. You may do so with or without a report. Author(s) will be informed by an automated email after the decision is entered by the Editor in Chief. He/she can login to view the decision and the finalized reports.
"Upload report" function and "Enter reply/Upload report for Reviewer" function: If you received a report from the reviewer by email outside of OES, you can help the reviewer upload the report. If the reviewer was not invited via OES, you can use the "Upload report function." After logging in, click the paper title, then you will see the "Upload report" icon at the top left corner. If the reviewer was invited via OES, you can use the "Enter reply/Upload report for Reviewer" function. After logging in, click the paper title, then you will see the "Enter reply/Upload report for Reviewer" link behind the corresponding reviewer's name.
You can also use this function to help the reviewer to accept or decline the invitation by clicking the link.
View Log File: The editor can click the "Log File" in the paper page to view the editorial history of the paper.
Questions and Answers:
How do reviewers login?
The reviewers don't need to login using user name or password. They only need to keep the invitation email and click the link in the email to go to the reviewer page.
Should the reviewers upload their reports in OES?
After the editor sends a reviewer the invitation email, the reviewer can click the link in the email to go to the reviewer page. Then they can accept or decline the request and submit a report in the reviewer page.
When a reviewer uploads a report, will the uploading trigger an email to the editor, or should the editor check back regularly to see if reviewers have submitted a report?
When the reviewer agrees or declines to review the paper or submits a report, there will be an automatically generated email sent to the editor alerting them that a new update is available.
Does OES allow all parties to communicate?
Yes, OES can also be used for the communication between authors and editors and editors and reviewers by sending messages.
How many reports are needed for each paper?
In principle, two detailed reports suffice, or one if the editor chooses to read the paper very carefully by himself/herself.
I can't view or download a PDF in OES. What should I do?
You may browse http://get.adobe.com/reader/ and update your Adobe Reader to the newest version. If you are using MAC and Firefox, you may browse https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/pdf-plugin-for-firefox-on-mac-/ and download and install the Firefox PDF Plug-in. If that still doesn't help, please contact email@example.com for technical support.
Add your name and e-mail address to receive news of forthcoming issues of this journal:
[Back to Top]